Monday, July 5, 2010

To Sew or Not To Sew?

I have had anything BUT a lazy summer so far. A major work project has me completely flustered and stressed out. The double edged sword is that it will be over in 2 weeks...it has to be done in 2 weeks!! Ahhhhh! The weather has been so nice and I have been suppressing the urge to spend a ton of time out doors. I'm sure that urge will only grow. Anywho, on my days off I have been hard pressed to find the motivation to sew. I spent so much money and time getting my store set up...but I just can't seem to get over the hill of filling it up.

The hard part is that I have had so many special requests from friends and family. I know that I would be able to sell so many things if I could just get myself in gear. I was talking to my sister-in-law this weekend and I think that I might just have a slight fear of success. What happens if I start selling more that I can keep up with?

Anyway, today I have been torn with the question, to sew, or not to sew? Today is probably my last day off for the next few weeks. I need to go grocery shopping, clean the house a bit, finish up some laundry, and I have one last holiday BBQ to attend tonight. So once again, sewing may just go back on the table and wait for me.

On the bright side, I did get some new patterns done and sewed this weekend. I am extremely proud of this tote. It is my own idea, design and pattern. We are all a sum of our experiences, so I have to acknowledge the fact that a lot of my sewing experience comes from purchased patterns. So a big part of this is based on Keyka Lou patterns.



I hope that everyone has had a safe and happy 4th of July holiday.

Be.Loved

No comments:

Post a Comment