Monday, July 19, 2010

5 Favorite (Series)

I have recently been reading quite a few blogs (thank you Google Reader). I have found that a lot of bloggers do weekly lists. 10 things I love, Monday Must-haves, etc... I really love this idea and have decided to start my own.

Today, I am debuting Amy.Be.Loved's 5 Favorite Series. Each week, or maybe as the mood strikes me, I will do a blog about my 5 Favorite _______ (fill in the blank.)

This week, in honor of the stifling temperatures that are wreaking havoc on the Midwest, I bring you (queue suspenseful music): Amy.Be.Loved's 5 Favorite Frozen Treats.


And here we go...

Coming in at #5 is...

Otter Pops
















These frozen treats take me back to simpler times when all that was needed to make things all better was colored sugar water and a pair of scissors!



#4

Orange Push-Up













Yet another childhood favorite! Orange sherbet in a cardboard tube. If you don't get it all over your hands, you aren't eating it right!




#3

Sonic Orange Creamslush Treat




















This is much like #4 on my list, however it is less messy and drinkable! This treat is orange ice slush is blended with vanilla soft serve ice cream. Confession...I had one this weekend!



#2

Ben & Jarry's New York Super Fudge Chunk Ice Cream




















I can't mention summer frozen treats without at least one true blue ice cream pick! Ben and Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk is a chocolate lover's dream! Every kind of chocolate you can think of . . . and then some.




And #1 on Amy.Be.Loved's 5 Favorite Frozen Treats is.....*drumroll*

Andy's Frozen Custard Snow Monster!



















With new Andy's locations popping up all over the Midwest, it won't be long until everyone knows the goodness of Andy's Frozen Custard! This is my absolute Favorite. Treat. Ever. frozen or not. This semi-solid concrete is made from Vanilla custard, strawberries, and melted chocolate chips blended in. The chocolate chips harden when they are blended with the cold custard making an almost backwards dipped ice cream experience! Being the chocolate lover that I am, I get it made with Chocolate Custard. Oh and chocolate, chocolate, chocolate.....


So that's it. 5 Frozen Things that make me happy when the weather is hot...or not.

Stay cool, hydrated, and Be. Loved

Oh and don't forget to check on the elderly and pets in this heat!

1 comment:

  1. Otter pops are definitely the top of my list...it may just be due to the delightful cartoons on them, but they always tasted better than the flav-or-aid. Unfortunately, I cant find any within 100 miles of Springpatch, so I cannot confirm my childhood suspicions of them being the best in flavored water pops.

    ReplyDelete